Sunday, June 13, 2010

History Please

Okay, so I am sitting here in my room, with my laptop in front of me, my media player on shuffle, Sammy by my side, and a cool breeze coming through the windows. JSTOR is on my screen and I love reading this stuff. It brings me back to HST 100 when we had to read an article from JSTOR - cool stuff.

I want to read more history, although I really like fiction. My writing also needs to improve. So this summer, part of my to do list includes writing and reading more. Ah, and running. I really want to take hikes around the area, even if I have to go alone, I am going to make this happen during summer. Sometimes I gather my thoughts better when I am alone, there is a certain serenity when one has solitary adventures. Try it, sometime. I've tried those many times, but company is of course merrier.

So if anyone has books they highly recommend for history majors, suggestions are super appreciated =D

4 comments:

  1. "Enchanted" by Orson Scott Card! it's a modern take-slash-parody on the childhood-fairytale genre and the main character is a linguist-historian grad student, lol. It's really good stuff.

    I am also definitely gonna be reading and writing this summer (along with taking summer classes)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks! For a minute, I thought you meant "Ella Enchanted"...I love that book from Elementary School. But I think it's "Enchantment." Right?

    I am also going to be in school to this summer (!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENCHANTMENT. Exactly right ._. my bad. haha but yeah definitely check it out! You'll also be in school? Let's catch lunch or something. lol

    ReplyDelete