Sunday, March 27, 2011

Coffee.

I had coffee today, after a week of committing myself to less internet, less coffee, and less of everything. Today I bought those overly sweetened coffees that make your stomach churn.  Maybe I'll ask for less sugar next time.

I need it black next time.

--

Greyhounds are actually quite neat. I am allowed to simmer in my thoughts while someone else grapples with the monotonous heavy road. I finished reading Lathe of Heaven, which I highly recommend. It's one of those books that turned me into science fiction. Its plot is about dreams, about the possibility of dreams altering reality. Movies I supposed have been made after the same effect, but one cannot create the same effects in a movie that the mind can - can it?  Some stories are meant to be dreamt up in each individuals' minds, differently from each other person that happens to come across the same storybook.


--

I might post a video of the endless terrain that we cruised through and the songs that I heard. I mostly have sad love songs.

I wonder. When people fall in love - if they ever fall in love - do they keep loving those same sad songs? Do they hum them on long rides too? But I mean that kind of love that might exist after being in a long enduring relationship. Does it?

---

Sleep. Interestingly I am not craving it now. I just realized I need more good books. I don't have enough books to keep me company at night. My last two were wonderful, so much so that they kept me awake even after I flipped the last page. I'll just take a trip to the swapmeet today - later in the morning. I am sure to find old tattered books that need a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment