Monday, February 8, 2010

Once

I've attempted starting a blog once before, but I never quite made it public. The blog felt more like a personal journal - too personal perhaps. So this time around I will cut back on my private experiences and include more made up stories.

What better way to relive stress than to write, especially when my free time is nonexistent for the next couple of weeks. Being inside all the time really chips away at my heart.

Oh those careless years in high school! I would walk three miles from home to school and run another five plus miles after-school. I especially miss having the ability to complete long runs on a winter afternoon. The wintry air touching my face, the lovely clouds making a face, those crunchy leaves making a song. It was truly peace and happiness. The smells, the sights, the people, everything made my outlook on life brighter, even those strangers I would never come see again in my life. For now, I will have to satisfy that ache with a walk along Campus Drive or a simple trail inside Cal Poly.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You touched on something I often have trouble with in my own writing: vulnerability. Looks like you've already found that writing about issues we care about - whether personal or otherwise - exposes us in ways we might find a little frightening. Don't sweat it, though.

    On a different note, your writing has this charm to it =) very cool stuff. And I totally agree - writing can be stress-relieving if you spend tons of time cooped up inside because of work and responsibilities. Like a breath of crisp, cool air.

    glad to see you've started a public blog! can't wait to read more

    (haha too many errors in the last comment for me to just leave it there)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I was a little bit worried and apprehensive about my writing skills. It's like revealing to everyone your writing ability and your thoughts. Kinda scary. But thanks again.

    Oh, and don't worry about the grammatical or spelling mistakes - I already caught a few from my post. Eeek(!) I'll edit my final posts next time :)

    ReplyDelete